How to get scentsational hair!
18 January 2018, Thursday
Our tips to maintaining scentsational hair
- Gently comb out knots by removing knots at the end of your strands first and then taking long strokes from the roots to the end. Never use a brush with wet hair, only use a wide tooth comb.
- When washing and rinsing hair, use cold water as it helps to lock in the nutrients and seal in moisture for optimal shine. Try our Care ‘n Caress Shampoo and Conditioner for healthy hair with mega shine.
- Blow dry hair until it is 90% dry and then allow to air dry thereafter. Apply the Repair ‘n Care Multi-Use Oil Elixir onto the ends to protect hair while blow-drying. Do not blow-dry hair once hair is already dry as this is when the most damage occurs during blow-drying.
- Just as you select your skin products based on your skin type, make sure you know your correct hair type. Many people may think they know what their hair type is, but may have the incorrect hair type in mind, for example they believe that they have thick hair when they actually have fine hair. Ask your hairdresser what type of hair you have so that you can select the right products to look after your hair. We have a range of products to suit many hair types.
- Use a Hair Treatment Mask at least once a week, it makes a noticeable difference to the overall condition of hair. For maximum results on dry hair, apply our Repair ‘n Care Hair Treatment Mask, cover with a plastic shower cap and apply a little warmth from the hair dryer to get the hair treatment to work deeper. Wait 1 hour and then rinse off with cold water.
- Avoid pushing sunglass up onto your head as this can lead to damage especially on fine hair.
- Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet. Combining a good diet with a good hair care regime will help significantly improve the condition of hair.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase. They are softer on your hair when tossing and turning in your sleep therefore preventing damage.
- To help smooth frizzy hair, wash hair with the Silky Smooth Shampoo and follow with the Silky Smooth Conditioner. Apply the Silky Smooth Frizz Control Serum evenly to damp hair. Then blow-dry and style hair using medium heat.
- Your scalp also needs to be taken care of, just like the skin on the rest of your body. Condition your hair each time you shampoo focusing mainly on the ends however, once every few washes, gently massage the scalp.
- You should always comb through a protecting product such as our Multi-Use Oil Elixir or Frizz Control Serum, even if you are not heat styling your hair. It will help to reduce frizz, dryness and split ends.
- Even if you are growing your hair, you need to trim it often to prevent split ends from forming and from further damaging your hair.
- Protect hair against sun damage when outdoors – Our Repair ‘n Care Multi-use Oil Elixir as well as our Love Your Colour range contains UV filters to help protect hair from damage caused by the sun. It also helps to prolong hair colour against fade-out.
- Wash your hair once a week with the low in sulphates Deeply Detox Clarifying Shampoo to help remove product build-up, impurities and pollutants. Follow with the low in silicone Deeply Detox Conditioner to restore hair’s moisture to a weightless healthy balance.
- Wrap wet hair gently in a towel and let it absorb the moisture for a few minutes. To avoid split ends from forming, avoid rubbing hair with a towel. Alternatively use a cotton t-shirt which will help to prevent frizz or damage.
- Do not sleep with accessories in your hair.
- Before swimming, wet your hair and apply conditioner. This will help protect the hair and form a barrier from harmful chemicals such as chlorine.